Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tool 2

I posted comments on MindShift regarding the cell phones in the classroom, Laptops for Learning when it comes to student interaction. I also appreciated seeing other blogs set up in this similar fashion and was able to see what other people thought about the same topic. For example, I commented on L. Brantley's Tech Talk and noticed other blogs she had recommended under her Tool 2 post. I was also able to see people who were farther ahead than me (Katherine Pence, Mrs. Masters and Jennifer Smith) and was able to learn from their experiences on certain tools so I would have a better idea of what to expect. I also liked how we are all doing this project together so we can learn more about people at our campus! Because of the busy school day, blogging and creating a PLN helps review ideas when it is convenient and it can be much better spread.

I will say, sharing my thoughts publicly is a bit overwhelming, especially at first. Knowing who the bloggers are is very helpful in relieving some of that stress, and after making some comments of my own I was more confident in this new experience. This can really be applied to trying anything new. I can tell my students that I am still learning and are understanding about some of the fears of sharing. I can hopefully help them by letting them know how my experience went when I tried this and got more comfortable with the more time had with it.

In the future, I will be visiting the Living Math Book List which is located at http://livingmathbooklist.blogspot.com/. I always love the idea of incorporating reading with math so students can see how the two subjects combine. It is very well organized by topic so I have a great database of books!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy,
    Since you posted to my blog, I thought it would be nice for you to have a comment too! I will check out the livingmathbooklist.blogspot that you mentioned. I look forward to meeting you and getting to know you. Welcome to MMS! It is wonderful, as is the math department. I am 'new' this year also...have been a stay at home mom for 23 years and subbing for the last 3 of those years and will now be one of the 7th grade math teachers. I have lots of technology to learn! See you soon, kathy

    ReplyDelete